Winter STEAM Centers

winter-steam-stations

Winter STEAM Centers

Hey y'all! I don't know about you, but my students are LOVING science centers. They get to be independent and I have almost NO students off task during stations. It's a teacher's dream.

I know many school districts don't allow holiday celebrations in December, so I put together a little non-holiday winter fun. This can also be used in January when we head back to school after winter break.

We start off on Monday making winter scene artwork. Tuesday through Thursday, students go to different centers to explore all things winter.

Winter-stem-stations

Students build an igloo out of marshmallows and read all about winter.

Winter-STEAM-stations

They learn about opacity by making a sun catcher and symmetry by making a snowflake.

winter-science-stations

Winter-science-stations

They also learn about keeping warm in winter by examining the effects of warm clothing like mittens and animals' blubber (not pictured).

winter-science-experiment

On Friday, we come together for a whole class science experiment on the effects of different substances in melting ice. Which will melt it the quickest, salt, sugar, or baking soda?

winter-science-experiment

For more information, you can check out the whole unit here

Thank you for stopping by I hope you found some new ideas for your classroom. I'm always adding new resources so be sure to follow me on TPT for the latest resources, ideas, and freebies. SaveSave

Stay cozy,


No comments

Post a Comment