Winter STEAM Centers

Leave a Comment

Hey y'all! I don't know about you, but my students are LOVING science centers. They get to be independent and I have almost NO students off task during stations. It's a teacher's dream.

I know many school districts don't allow holiday celebrations in December, so I put together a little non-holiday winter fun. This can also be used in January when we head back to school after winter break.

We start off on Monday making winter scene artwork. Tuesday through Thursday, students go to different centers to explore all things winter.


Students build an igloo out of marshmallows and read all about winter.


They learn about opacity by making a sun catcher and symmetry by making a snowflake.



They also learn about keeping warm in winter by examining the effects of warm clothing like mittens and animals' blubber (not pictured).


On Friday, we come together for a whole class science experiment on the effects of different substances in melting ice. Which will melt it the quickest, salt, sugar, or baking soda?


For more information, you can check out the whole unit here. Thank you for stopping by and be sure to follow me for the latest resources and freebies.

SaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top