Five for Friday (7/29/16)

4 comments

Happy Friday! Where has July gone?!?! It has been forever since I've linked up for Five for Friday and this is why...
We moved across country. We left our house in Texas, drove all the way through New Mexico and Arizona and kept on going up to Northern Nevada. Texas is big, y'all. We spent almost the entire first day just driving out of it. If I never have to do that again, it'll be okay. This was my view for about 1,700 miles:


When we finally saw this, it was such a relief: 


But we love our new house and our new town and we're getting settled in. AND the new house has it's own built-in pencil sharpener. How cool is that?!


As soon as we got the house unpacked, I ran up to my new school and took as much stuff up there as I could. School starts in a month and my classroom is ALMOST ready. It just needs a few finishing touches. Here's a little sneak peak:


I'm going to hang anchor charts and things for each subject in the different sections. More pictures will come soon. 
While we were waiting on the internet to be set up (a week without internet is TOO LONG!), I got started on some projects for the classroom and Teachers Pay Teachers. I LOVE this new calendar set I created:


 Who doesn't love the rustic shiplap look?

And I finished off my new brag tags. They're more "grown up" than what I had for my kinder babies and include Multiplication Master tags. You can grab a copy here


But it wasn't all work. We took time to check out the town and hang out at Lake Tahoe. The kids have grown a little since we've had all five of them together here last. 


This view never gets old.


That's about it. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to visit again on Tuesday for our Explore Like A Pirate book study. Now go check out some more awesomeness at Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday linky. Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Wow congrats on the move! I am so jealous that your classroom is already set up. My school will not allow me into my new classroom until their summer school enrichment program is over (which allows me a week to move all my stuff in and get set up). What makes it worse is that is the week that I booked my last, and only vacation. I guess I have the Monday before school starts to get everything set up. YIKES!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Kimberly
    Stuck In The Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your move! Before we had kids my husband and I used to go to Nevada and ski up by Lake Tahoe every winter. It was my FAVORITE thing to do! We are hoping to take the kids up next winter. It is SO beautiful! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your calendar set is adorable! Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the move! I'm loving the pencil sharpener, how appropriate!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top