Show and Tell Tuesday: June '16

3 comments

Happy summer! I don't know about you, but I have been catching up on some serious reading and sleep over the last couple of weeks. It's been amazing! I'm linking up with Forever in 5th to share a little about what I've been reading. 


I ended the school year reading The Innovator's Mindset. IT. IS. AWESOME! If you haven't read it yet, add it to your list. There are many quotes and ideas that will have you yelling "YES!" and the people around you will look at you like you're crazy, but it will be worth it. 




We've been doing a book study on Explore Like A Pirate on my blog. (Click here to check it out.) It's all about using elements of gaming to engage learners in the classroom. Now, we're not talking about throwing some board games into the mix. We're talking about points, side quests, items, etc. We're just starting so there's plenty of time for you to join us if you'd like and it's FREE right now on Kindle Unlimited. 




Another great motivational text is Kids Deserve It by Todd Nesloney and Adam Welcome. It's a quick, easy read and will get you powered up and excited to think outside the box in the next school year. You will laugh, cry, and rejoice along with the authors. It was a perfect read for my cross-country plane ride and I'm sure you'll love it, too.




And I just recently started reading Making Writing. We all have one of those reluctant writers or one that just doesn't know what to write about. Making Writing is all about getting your movers, shakers, and hands on learners to "make" writing in order get the writing process started. Getting over that first hurdle is always the hardest. When your struggling writers start by "making" writing, they have an easier time getting the creative juices flowing. This book has several hands on takeaways you can have ready to use in your classroom in the fall—lots of things to think about. 


Well that's my reading list. What have you been reading? Let me know in the comments below, then swing by Forever in 5th for more Show and Tell Tuesday.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the book recommendations! I'm always looking for something new to add to my "Must Read" pile. Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered Making Writing! I also took the plunge and finally ordered the Reading Strategies Book, shich looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...lots of good books! THanks for the suggestions!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top