Five for Friday: Big Announcements

7 comments


At the beginning of 2016, several bloggers shared their one little word for the year. Mine was "change." This month has been a perfect example! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share the excitement with you. 

We're moving to Nevada. Next month we'll be packing things up and moving across country. It's been a long time in the works and it's finally really happening. Ben and I flew out and went house hunting this week. We have a huge adventure ahead! 25 hours in the car with the kids and a Uhaul…piece of cake.



I was offered a teaching position in the new city! My last two schools' mascots were bulldogs. Now I'll be a pirate! I think that calls for some coordinating Kendra Scott earrings to celebrate the occasion. What do you think of these?


I'm moving to 3rd grade! I've taught Kinder and 1st so this will be a big jump. I'm so EXCITED! Who are your favorite 3rd grade bloggers to follow?


On a much more minor note, but still worth celebrating, I stopped by the Target Dollar Spot in the new city and they had all their teacher stuff out and pretty! I walked away with a pretty impressive haul, which was good because when we got back home, our Target was completely cleaned out!



And finally, we're two weeks into our Explore Like a Pirate book study. It's all about designing game-based classes (and using your current content) to engage your learners. If you've missed it so far, you can check it out here. AND there's still time to link up if you'd like to join us on this gamification journey! (FYI: It's FREE on Kindle Unlimited right now!)



Well that's it. It's been busy around here but definitely exciting! I can't wait to get moving and start this new chapter of our lives. Thanks for stopping by! Now head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday awesomeness.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your changes! There are so many awesome 3rd grade bloggers it's impossible to start listing them! 3rd is so much fun to teach...you will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved from first grade to third grade a few years ago. Although, I miss the first graders, you will be amazed at how independent third graders can be! Best of luck with all of your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of everyone talking about Target sales over there! I agree with Marianna, 3rd grade is great! I teach a class of 3rd & 4th grade students. Love their growing independence and enthusiasm for learning :)
    www.littlescratch.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3rd grade is a great grade to teach! You'll love it! Good luck with the move to Nevada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your big move! I teach in Nevada too! I wish you luck with your upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll be in Carson. Where are you at?

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the move! We just finished an international move so I don't envy you with all the boxes and unpacking in your future but it's exciting! That should keep you going! Congrats on the move to 3rd. I've never taught third, just first and second. Good luck!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top