Five for Friday (6/3/16)

3 comments

Woo hoo! It's officially summer! Our last day of school was yesterday. Year four is in the books! In honor of this momentous occasion, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for some Five for Friday awesomeness. 

For end of the year gifts, I gave each student a little chapter book: Ready, Freddy! Second Grade Rules! It's just right for my firsties and we've been reading aloud several beginning chapter books to get them used to the idea for next year. They acted like they weren't excited at first, but I caught almost every one of them reading it before the day was up, even my most reluctant readers. :)




My classroom is packed up and ready for summer. It looks so sad. 



But, it wouldn't be a proper end of the year without me already planning and prepping for next year. I grabbed a few things from Lakeshore and the Target dollar spot to get the ball rolling. Here's a sneak peek of next year's decor:


What do ya think?

Starting next Tuesday (June 7th), I'll be hosting a book study on Michael Matera's Explore Like A Pirate right here on this blog. It's all about creating game-inspired courses in order to further engage our students in the content. Be sure to check us out and we'd love to have you link up with us as well. It's free right now on Kindle Unlimited, so come on!



And finally, summer is the time for spending with friends and family. My cousins flew in from Ireland last week and my father and mother-in-law are coming in town tonight. It's going to be a busy but fun few weeks. We went to dinner with my cousin and her family last night. Our girls are all the same age but haven't seen each other in almost five years. They seemed to hit it off right off the bat. My two girls are on the right and her two are on the left. If only we could fly out to Ireland and see them more!


Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Now head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday awesomeness. Have a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the link up! Empty classrooms are the saddest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to hard to stay away from Target and Lakeshore, but after seeing what you picked up I may have to stop by.. they have the best stuff! I can't wait for the link up. :)

    www.thecorriganitenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds good! Looking forward to your thoughts on it ☺️ www.littlescratch.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top