Five for Friday (6/10/16)

6 comments

Happy Friday!!! It's our first full week off of school and what a busy week it's been! We've had family in town from all over the place so we've been barbecueing and sight seeing for days. But even with all the commotion, I couldn't pass up my favorite linky, Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching. 


We met my cousin and her family from Ireland at my mom's house for a get-together with the extended family. It's a good thing she's got a big house, 'cause there was a lot of us! This is the youngest generation of kiddos there.



We went to a Round Rock Express baseball game Tuesday night with Ben's parents. They told someone working the game that they're from out of town and we got a tour of the stadium (including the press box and suites). The staff even convinced the guys to be part of the games in between innings! Ben and his dad raced tricycles around the field and Jay, my son, got to operate the camera to find the mascot in the stands. Jay was more than a little proud of himself and so were the "big kids."





We did a mini tour of Austin Wednesday and saw as many things as we could stand. We went to the capital, Thundercloud, the UT drag, Zilker Botanical Gardens (have you seen the fairy garden yet?!), graffiti park, Salt Lick BBQ, and bat watching in Round Rock. Needless to say, we all slept well that night.

This is the dome ceiling of the Texas state capitol:


A fairy montessori school at the Zilker gardens: 


Look! The kids are smiling and hugging each other and no one is complaining about the heat or each other! :)


The graffiti park: 





Yesterday, we went to the Riverwalk in San Antonio and the Alamo. We ate at Rita's so of course we had to have a 'rita.




And, school-elated, we started our book study on Explore Like A Pirate by Michael Matera. It's all about creating game-inspired courses to keep your littles engaged. If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, it's free on Kindle Unlimited and you can check out our first posts here. There's still time to link up with us too if you want! The more the merrier!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a fabulous start to your summer! Now swing by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday awesomeness. And don't forget to check us out Tuesday for Chapter 2 of Explore Like A Pirate. 



6 comments:

  1. I have a ton of school pd books I am reading this summer and find I am making myself dizzy. Suppose I could just pick one and stick to it! Looks like you all had fun on your adventures. Don't you love it when the kids get along for like 5 seconds! My kids have been great this summer, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you really kicked off your summer with a bang! Looks like everyone had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered the book last night! I don't know how it will apply to what I do (STEM Lab), but I am still excited to read it. I will also check out your book study! Thanks!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun summer you seem to be having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip looks like so much fun! Great way to start the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a busy week filled with lots of fun! Definitely started summer with a bang. Enjoy the rest of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top