Five for Friday (5/6/16)

2 comments

Happy Friday, y'all! It's been a crazy busy week with all the teacher appreciation stuff, May the fourth, and Cinco de Mayo, but we made it. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a little Five for Friday action. 
Yesterday, we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with a little help from my friend 1st Grade is Wienerful! We learned all about Mexico and Cinco de Mayo and did a little opinion writing about chips and salsa. We also read Skippyjon Jones and modified the cat directed drawing from First Grade Blue Skies to make our own little Siamese Chihuahuas.



We've been learning about animals for weeks now and the kids (and I) are were just done with researching animals, so we took a little creative spin on our writing time. I found some animal foam stickers in a box I had forgotten about SO…the kids each drew an animal out of a hat (without peeking!) and wrote a story about it. I told them it could be fiction or non-fiction, whatever floats their boat, as long as they were writing. We had some pretty creative little stories!



We've been using our end of the year math centers for a couple of weeks now and the kids just can't get enough. It's full of games they can play with partners and need minimal assistance from me. :)







Next week we start preparing for our school's multicultural night. Each class gets a country to research and represent in a gallery-like exhibit. Our class has Panama and, so far, I am learning a TON. I put together these research guides and made them look all fancy. The kids are so excited to get to use them!








Because it's the end of the year, we're all a little worn out. This actually happened this week:


Thank goodness for GoNoodle. The natives actually sat still for a few minutes while doing a little Airtime breathing. 


But it's all good 'cause tomorrow is Saturday and there is NOTHING scheduled on the calendar. 


Glorious sleep! I'm going to need it to get through the next few weeks! :) 

Thanks for stopping by! Now head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fabulousness! Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. A blank day on the calendar is a beautiful thing this time of year! I love the Skippyjon Jones pictures. He was a favorite when I taught the younger kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Siamese Chihuahua! I'm getting this tired thing. I am a weirdo that never, I mean never, naps. Last week I was so tired, I told the kids we should take a nap. We put our heads down and I almost fell asleep. Really, I just wanted quiet time. I hope you get the rest you need. Enjoy your weekend!

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top