Five for Friday (5/27/16)

8 comments


Last Friday, we watched Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer after a week long book study. The kids were a little nuts excited, so we did an impromptu directed drawing of Judy and Stink. I think they turned out pretty good. What do you think?

This one is mine:


And this is my mini-me's:



Tuesday evening was our school's Multicultural night. It was a much better turnout than I expected. The kids put our Panama display together and a parent brought in food to share with others. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get decent pictures of the performers. :(



We read Oh the Places You'll Go a little early this year. I typically do this the last day of school, BUT this year, we've been having a hard time making good choices and going down the right paths. We had a long discussion about what "roads of life" are and where our choices can take us. It was a little deep for 1st grade, but we needed it.



I started reading Explore Like a Pirate this week and so far it's pretty interesting. It's about gamifying your classroom. It goes along with Teach Like a Pirate and Learn Like a Pirate. I was thinking of doing a summer book study on this book. If you're interested in reading or linking up with me, let me know.



Next week is our last "week" of school. We go three days and then we're F-R-E-E!  So Monday, I can officially say this:


What's on your summer bucket list? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for stopping by! Now head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday awesomeness and have a great weekend!


8 comments:

  1. I haven't read Explore Like a Pirate yet, but I'd be interested in a book study. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Explore Like a Pirate, or any of the others, but I'd love to and do a book study. Let me know! :)

    www.thecorriganitenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Send me an email at sweetsweetprimary@gmail.com so I can send you the info.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your weekend and last week of school! I have not read Explore Like a Pirate either. The other two books were great. I would be interested in a book study.

    The Teacher Bag 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Send me an email at sweetsweetprimary@gmail.com so I can send you the info.

      Delete
  4. That directed drawing is too cute! And I like how you used "Oh the Places..." to have some real conversations with your kids. We have some deep conversations sometimes as well but they get it! I've read Teach Like a Pirate but the others sound interesting too. Have a great last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your directed drawing! Such a great idea! I did read Teach Like a Pirate last summer and really enjoyed being a part of that book study. I'll have to check into this book!

    Lori
    Live, Laugh, Love Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawings turned out too cute! Also, I just added the pirate books to my wish list- might be just the thing I need to get ready for next year! Thanks for sharing!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top