Five for Friday (5/13/16)

2 comments

Happy Friday! We made it! Woo hoo! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a little Five for Friday action. 


Our school has Multicultural Night every spring and each class is charged with researching a country and creating a gallery-style presentation to represent that culture. Our class is working on Panama. We started our research journals this week and we're learning tons! I can't wait to see what they create next week when we put together the presentation for the school.



I found a little Panamanian folktale to go with our Panama unit. Have you read it before?


I created some literacy pages to go along with it. You can pick up free a copy here. 


We're reviewing fractions in math, so I whipped up a little activity called "A Fraction of Me." The kids created themselves with 1.5 inch paper squares then wrote what fraction of them is each color. They were really creative! You can pick up a free copy of this here. 







Did you see GoNoodle made a Finding Dory game?! It's adorable, but it's only here for a little while. We did it 3 times the first day.


This was one of our messages this week, too. I couldn't agree more, GoNoodle!



And finally, this box of crayons did magical things in our room this week.


After a week of inside recess and being "quiet" while the big kids tested, the natives began to get a little restless. This box of crayons was awarded to the best cleaner-upper and chair stacker in the class yesterday. It was A-MAZING to see how quiet and careful they were just to get a fresh box of crayons. Try it. Make a big deal about it. It WILL work (at least for most of your kids).

Have a happy weekend, y'all and thanks for stopping by. Now head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday awesomeness.


2 comments:

  1. I love your fraction people! I'm going to pass that idea on to my teaching partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fraction of me activity! We just finished up fractions, otherwise I know my co-teacher would be all over those! I'll have to check out conejito-- I know conejo is rabbit from teaching in the bilingual kindergarten, ha!

    Sarah
    The Designer Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top