Five for Friday (4/29/16)

2 comments

Happy Friday! Where has this school year gone?! I can't believe it's almost May! We're starting to wind down the year and with that comes a few celebrations. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share these with you. 

We have been loving our end of year math centers. There's everything to end the year off strong by reviewing skills, playing games, and enjoying the last few days together. There are 20 centers in all and you can get your own set here.





We've been reading beginning chapter books in class to get my firsties feet wet with bigger books. I'm loving how excited and proud they are to start getting into more challenging texts! 



Because they're so excited, I ordered each of them a copy of Ready Freddy, Second Grade Rules! from Scholastic. They're only $1 each and make perfect end of the year gifts.


At my kids' middle school, they had a Kendra Scott trunk show fundraiser. Reps from the local store came and set up shop in the cafeteria and, for two hours, people could come and shop. Proceeds go directly to the school. I have to say, this is by far my most favorite fundraiser ever! It wasn't 50 pounds of cookie dough that didn't fit in my fridge and make me fat. It was't overpriced gift wrap. It was gorgeous jewelry, set up a block away from our house, and didn't make me count calories! AND it was just in time for Mother's Day!



Thursday night, my baby had her first band performance with the high school. My baby. Is going. Into HIGH SCHOOL! How did this happen?! I can't even. Can you see her? She's the one in the orange…


Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekended and stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fabulousness. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Ready Freddy tip! I'll be placing an order! Your daughter is adorable BTW. Orange is her color.

    Joyce 1st Grade Pandamania

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome fundraiser! I agree, this school year went by very quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top