Five for Friday (4/1/16)

3 comments

It's Friday! That means it's time for linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday linky!

First, the amazing Megan from A Bird in Hand Designs and I Teach. What's Your Super Power? Updated my blog. I don't know about you, but I L-O-V-E it! She does awesome work and is so easy to work with.

The "big kids" had two days of STAAR testing this week, and we had a makeup test day, and today we have inside recess because it's pouring rain. So the kids have been a bit bonkers. It's okay though, 'cause we have Go Noodle. 



We've been studying animals all week, and after being cooped up together for a few days, we needed to lighten the mood a bit. I told them, if we can get through the informational clip about goats, I'd show them the video of the screaming goats. They were HYSTERICAL! And it made the afternoon so much better.


Thanks to First Grade Blue Skies, we also did a couple directed drawings to go along with our animal unit. 



We've been reviewing base 10 numbers this week, and with our need for movement, we did this Base 10 Scoot from my store. They did so much better than I was expecting! Teacher win!



And today is April Fool's, so I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I saw lots of people die cutting brown E's to give their kiddos, but our machine at school just isn't what it used to be, so I printed up a set and bought some cosmic brownies. We do what we can right?


Thanks for stopping by! Now swing over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun and have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great! I bet the kids had a great time watching the goats. That always cracks me up. I hope it's just a noise they make and not a cry for help.

    Stacy@Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog look! We did our first directed drawing last week and had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top