Five for Good Friday

2 comments

Happy Friday, y'all! Why is it the short weeks always seem to take the longest? At least we're out of school today and there's time to recover before Easter. :) I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday linky.

Monday was our first day back from spring break AND we had a field trip to the rodeo. On the plus side, the kids were too tired from getting up early to cause any mayhem. On the down side, I was too tired from getting up early to stay awake past 7:30 that night. But we had a great time seeing pig races, watching a monkey on a dog heard cattle, and visiting the petting zoo. There was even a llama, an alpaca, and some kangaroos there!





Yes, that really says, "Where weird meets western." (Austin's slogan is "Keep Austin Weird." And it is.)


The rest of the week, we worked on place value in math. I bought this set from Reagan Tunstall and we made place value pictures on Tuesday. I thought they came out pretty cute.




My favorite part of the day sometimes is calendar. This is when the students take over full responsibility for running the classroom. I really feel like it develops leadership skills and confidence, even in my shyest, quietest ones. We have a sign up sheet where students get to sign up for different days to run the calendar. Everyone gets a spot and turn at teaching each other.



The highlights from Thursday were our classroom egg hunt and our bunny directed drawings. I used this set from Greg at Kindergarten Smorgasboard for our CVC word hunt and this bunny directed drawing from First Grade Blue Skies.






I finally finished my end of the year math centers. I know it's not quite the end of the year yet (you know you're counting down!), but this set is designed to take you through most of April and May. There are 20 centers which review most of the skills covered in 1st grade including addition/ subtraction, adding 3 numbers, missing addend, fact families, number comparisons, base 10, coins, graphing, time, missing numbers, adding 10 and more. Check it out by clicking here or on the pictures.






AND you can get it 20% off this weekend during my Easter sale



Enjoy your weekend and stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun!



2 comments:

  1. HI Rachel, I love the place value pictures. hmmm... have the wheels a'turning. Nice post. Be sure to sign up for my giveaways! See you next time. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You math centers look great! I love the place value pictures as well!
    Casey
    CasedillaCrumbs

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top