Five for Friday (1/15/16)

1 comment

Happy Friday, y'all! Is anyone else excited for the 3 day weekend?!


We went out of town last weekend and it was so good to get away. We flew to Reno and visited family in Carson City. It was the first time the kids had ever really seen real snow. Here in the south, we only get an occasional dusting before it melts so the kids had a blast going sledding and learning how to ski. This was our first ever snowman.



We've been learning about rocks this week, so naturally, I brought some in. Texas sells these little kits that has native rocks all organized and labeled for you for only 50 cents. My dad bought me 20 sets. We'll have rocks for years.




I bought this little set from First Grade Blue Skies and we made these awesome rock people.


This one has a mini-me. 



The set also includes demos of how rocks are made. We made a PBJ for sedimentary, melted stuff for igneous, and squished play dough for metamorphic. I forgot to get pictures of the others before cleaning up.



I've been working on February Math Centers for 1st grade. It's almost done and will hopefully be posted by the end of the weekend. Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers so you'll know when it's ready!


Thanks for stopping by! Now swing by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun!


1 comment:

  1. The first snowman!! How exciting! And your rock experiment sounds very cool. Happy weekend!

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top