Five for Friday (12/4/15)

1 comment


Anybody else have a week like this? I know I did. I love this time of year and the excitement it brings, but boy am I tired!

While we were practicing our sight words Monday, I felt the need for a little holiday motivation, so I made this cute freebie for my class and my store. I just put the cards in a pocket chart and hide the gift card behind one of the words. Students take turns guessing which word the present is behind. They were just beside themselves and kept asking to play again and again.





In math, we've been learning about adding coins. It's been really hard for them and they were needing some more motivation, SO…I grabbed some Target holiday ads and had them make their Christmas wish lists. OMG! You should have felt the excitement in the room! They were NUTS! All I have to say is, I'm glad I'm not in charge of buying them all their Christmas presents. They have some good taste! 


We made our Lost Snowmen today. (I can't remember where I found this, so if it's yours, please let me know so I can credit it.) The kids decorate their snowman, then write a description of it so others can find it in our display. 

I've done this two years in a row now, but I just didn't expect to see this: 


Yes, that's a gangster snowman. I nearly died. And it gets even more creative:


The orange one on the bottom left is in a Halloween costume (it's sitting on a pumpkin), and several are holding Starbucks cups. 



My class struggles with spelling words, so we've been doing lots of extra practicing. I told them if we could all score a 100 on their test I'd dress up in a silly costume. To help them stay focused this time of year, I made some gingerbread salt trays to finger write their words with.


This was the most focused I've ever seen this kid.

And finally, this guy turns 10 today:


All of my babies are now in the double digits. Where has the time gone?! And to top it off, he wanted WINGS for his birthday. This is the kid that would only eat cheese pizza and cereal for years and now he wants spicy wings. Amazing. I feel old.

Anyways, stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun and check back soon for more updates!

1 comment:

  1. Just downloaded your freebie... will for sure use it this week or next! Love your gingerbread trays too... we do sand tracing, but I know they'd go crazy for scented trays!

    Sarah
    Years That Ask Questions

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top