Five for Friday (12/18/18)

5 comments


I have to say, my kids were amazingly chill for the week before break. Last week I wasn't so lucky, but this week was the most mellow "week before break" I've ever had. #blessed 


This week, we dressed up each day with a different theme. Monday was crazy sock day and I love, love, love my pencil socks my BFF gave me a few years ago.



The kids were getting squirrelly, so we did our elf directed drawing from First Grade Blue Skies. Overall, they were pretty cute.


But one went gansta. (He said this elf's rich.)


And some are just plain scary. (I'm still not sure why we have vampire elves with flaming hair.) What can I say? They like to add their own spin on things. 


Thursday, we made our Techy Santas. This was SO. MUCH. FUN.  I was afraid it would take forever, but I prepped the glasses for them and the rest was a piece of cake. They each created apps for Santa's iPad that he might use. We had "Naughty and Nice" apps, reindeer and elf management apps, cookie calorie counters, toy buying apps, and more. They were so awesome!


Thursday was also our class party. There was an overload of sugar, but the kids were so mellow. I was really impressed. 


We read The Biggest Snowman Ever in class and each time I change the name of the characters to the name of a student in the classroom. We've read it often so that each child has had their name in the story at least once. It was a dollar through Scholastic so I bought a copy for each child for Christmas. They were SO EXCITED to get their very own copy of the "magic book." Many of my kiddos don't have books at home and they were genuinely appreciative of this one.  Makes my teacher heart happy. :) 


Even though they've been so well behaved, I'm still going to look like this around 3:00. It's just natural.


After a week of crafting, a holiday party, a fire drill, a lockdown drill, a school-wide sing along, and a Grinch/pajama day, this break will be much needed!

Thanks for stopping by. Swing by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun!


5 comments:

  1. Love the Techy Santas & of course the pencil socks! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I need those socks! Do you have a source or link? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon sells them: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pencil+socks. :)

      Delete
  3. Dying over the gangsta elf...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top