Five for Friday (12/11/15)

4 comments

Happy week before the week before break! We have a full five days of school next week. How about you?



On Monday, we practiced fact families and made these super-cute snowmen. The kids added the buttons they drew on each snowman to make their equations. (This is my example. I forgot to get a picture of the kids' work.)



Also on Monday, my mom took my son to the local zoo. He has a small llama obsession (it's huge really—all he talks about) and she took him to meet some. He was beside himself with excitement.



We've been learning about seasons in science and used q-tips to paint leaves on our trees. I love to paint with my classes but hadn't so far this year and I am so glad these turned out as well as they did.



I've started prepping for January already because I want everything ready to go before the break. I am avoiding having to go in during vacation as much as possible. So…I finished up my January Math Centers set and I've been busy printing and laminating away.


Centers include addition and subtraction write the rooms...


…fact family practice...

…coin addition...

…an addition trail game…


…addition and subtraction I-Spy games...


…base ten practice and more!


My firsties loved my Christmas math centers and I can't wait to show them these. 


Today is our Holidays Around the World extravaganza. Passports, suitcases, and craftivities are ready to go. Check back tomorrow for all the exciting details. We're starting this unit off with Hanukkah, Kwanza, Diwali, and Las Posadas. Next week, we'll make several stops throughout the week.

Thanks for stopping by. Swing by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun and visit us again tomorrow for all our holiday fun.


4 comments:

  1. Love the Q-Tips Seasons paintings! They really came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your stuff looks really cute! That's adorable that your son loves llamas. My daughter just turned one and I am just waiting for her to actually notice the animals when we go to the zoo!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love llamas, too! Your activities this week are really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top