Five for Friday (11/6/15)

3 comments


This has been my mantra all week. We had major storms and flooding here last week, plus a cold front, plus Halloween, so the kids have been a bit wired energetic. I wish I could bottle up some of their energy for myself. Until then, coffee will have to do.  


Today's Fun Friday theme was scarecrows/fall. I bought The Little Scarecrow Boy set from First Grade Blue Skies and we went a little scarecrow crazy. We did several of the lessons from the pack and compiled them into individual student books. We are seriously lacking construction paper at school right now, so we improved on the scarecrows. I gave them each a paper bag and bowl. They made a scarecrow head with the bag, stuffed it with scrap paper, and decorated his hat to go on top. It was as detailed as the adorable one in the packet, but they loved making it.


I am not a chef by any means, but tonight I made a French Toast bake for dinner. We'll see if mine turns out nearly as good as the picture looks like it will. Click on the picture or here to get the recipe.

picture from chewoutloud.com


I added a Christmas math center unit to my store this week. I can't wait to use these with my firsties. There's a little bit of everything, including counting coins, number order, skip counting, missing addends, and more.  Click here or on any of the pictures to check it out more.








And finally, the Peanuts Movie comes out today. We won't make it there today, but I WILL see this movie in the theaters! (I honestly can't remember the last time I picked the movie we went to see. The kids and the Mr. are usually the ones choosing movies, but this time, it's my turn!)



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the Peanuts movie, too! My kids are still kind of small for the movies, so we'll wait until it reaches the Red Box. I hope that french toast bake turned out as tasty as it looks. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is even though you've picked the movie, your kids will probably still love it! :) Your scarecrows came out great! We painted and stuffed pumpkins in our classroom.
    Crystal
    www.crystalclearteaching.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We rarely go to the theater, but Peanuts would be a good one to see on a huge screen. I heard it was amazing. I love the scarecrows!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top