Teacher Week 15: Sanity Savers

Leave a Comment

Happy Thursday! I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for the Teacher Week linky! Each day this week, there will be another topic to link up about. Don't have a blog? Instagram it or Facebook it using the hashtag #teacherweek15. Today's topic: Sanity Savers!

I am an organizer! I love having a place for everything. One of the ways I do this is with binders and tubs. Everything I have has a hard copy placed in a sleeve in one of these binders.


That way, when I'm planning, I can easily flip through, see what I already have, and make copies. I do have lots of digital files organized the same way, but this keeps me from having to reprint it each year. Things I know I love and I'll use again are much easier to find in the binders.




Extras and centers are kept in plastic file tubs, labeled with what's inside on the skinny side. When I go to plan centers for the upcoming bundle, I can easily see what I've already made, what I have class sets of, and what I still need to print/remake/copy/etc. 





One of my favorite sanity savers is colored duct tape. I use a different color for each Reading A-Z book to easily see which level a book is on...



…and student notebooks have a different colored tape for each subject. These were our poetry notebooks (pink for poetry), and our science notebooks had green on them. It made it SO much easier to tell the kids to find the pink one or the green one than having my littles try to read their name and the subject. They did start to read it, but at the beginning of the year, this was a LIFE SAVER!


Those are my best tips. Do you use any of these in your classroom?

Stop by tomorrow for our last topic of the week: Favorite Subjects. And be sure to stop by the Blog Hoppin' blog for more sanity savers!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top