Teacher Week 15: Make Ahead Meals

3 comments

Happy Tuesday! I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for the Teacher Week linky! Each day this week, there will be another topic to link up about. Don't have a blog? Instagram it or Facebook it using the hashtag #teacherweek15. Today's topic: Make Ahead Meals!

I'm going to be really honest with y'all. I hate to cook. I am a terrible meal planner, and I hate the cleanup after. When Ben is off in the evening, he cooks amazing meals from scratch. Saturday and Sunday, I will dice, chop, stir, and stand in the kitchen for an hour making meals and cleaning up after. I love crock pot soups and I have Pinterest boards devoted to every meal of the day. But, on a school day, I hate to cook. I will throw some spaghetti together or a quick meal if I have to, but I prefer to grab a bite to eat out, and this is why:

When I have been at school all day, I want to enjoy my family time. Cooking is stressful to me after being gone all day. On weeknights, I want to be able to sit down at the table and let someone else do the cooking, cleaning, and serving so that I can focus my attention on them. Especially during soccer and baseball season when we are NEVER home. 

It is important to me to have that time with my kids where we can reconnect and regroup at the end of the day. If we are stressing about what to eat, who's cleaning up, who just dropped food on the floor, or who doesn't like whatever I cooked for dinner (that drives me crazy), it defeats the purpose of reconnecting and we end up going to bed frustrated. Letting someone else handle all that helps me focus on my kids and their needs and gives me time to destress a little.

I'm not talking any 5 star restaurant either. If the kids and I can get in and out for under $20, I'm happy. I can spend just as much money on a meal I make at home and have 1 or 2 kids refuse to eat it and it goes to waste. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe we do eat out too much, but If I can spend some of our evening focusing attention on them and not what we're eating, I'll call it a win. 

Anyway, that's my stance. Sorry if you were hoping for a great meal, I'm just no Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray. If you were looking validation on eating out, print this up and hand it to your husband! Ha! Stop by tomorrow for more blog hoppin' fun and be sure to check out the Blog Hoppin' blog to see everyone's Make Ahead Meals!




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I would so much rather eat out too!! Let someone else do the cooking and cleaning, and I can even have a grown-up drink with dinner!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! I was trying to keep it real. :)

      Delete
  2. The honesty is hilarious and refreshing! I can definitely say I've felt the same way...a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top