Five For Friday (9/4/15)

2 comments


OMG, it's September! When did this happen?! This year has just flown by. The next thing we know, it will be Christmas! I have to start shopping!!! Lol Ok, it's not that urgent, but you know what I mean. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Fabulous Five for Friday linky!


I've been linking up with Blog Hoppin' all week for their Teacher Week Linky. If you haven't seen it yet, you can get caught up here.



We've been working on procedures and building stamina for literacy and math centers for the last two weeks. They totally rocked read to self and read to someone. We've introduced every station now and our literacy block looks really awesome!



One of our math stations is "Art in Math," which is the Think Outside the Box freebie from First Grade Wow. She blogged about using it once a week for morning work, which I love, but we jump right into our day and don't have a designated morning work time. But…I really love the creative element of it, so it's going to be a once a week station in math for creative, spacial thinking skills. I did an example for the class and then kids tried their very own. They totally rocked it!

This guy turned his into a video game controller...


…and this little lovely turned hers into a bird. No, it's not upside down. "It is an eagle diving for a worm." I'm thinking GT could be in her future.



We LOVE science in our classroom. So much so that we talk about it ALL THE TIME. We did TWO experiments today because we couldn't get through yesterday's because we were just so excited! We put gummy bears in different solutions to watch them grow (which was the bomb if you ask them—really, they said that), and we used eye droppers to see how many drops of water we could put on pennies before the bubble burst and it came off. OMG! You would have thought it was the best thing ever. They were so focused on the why and how! I LOVE IT! Science time is going to rock as soon as we stop talking ALL THE TIME as soon as we get our procedures down. :) 



Our long weekend started early, though because this guy came down with strep.


He looks sickly doesn't he? He really does have a fever and is getting antibiotics. So because we're not going anywhere for a couple of days now, I stopped at World Market on the way home and bought this for dinner:


If you haven't tried this soup yet, you are totally missing out. It makes a TON and you just add chicken. Now, if you've been reading my blog this week, you'll know how much I hate to cook, but I will totally make an exception for this. It' SO EASY and SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!

Now, since we're staying put this evening, it's time to decorate the house for fall! Check in with Doodle Bugs Teaching for some more Five for Friday fun!







2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Your classroom looks like so much fun! There are tons of great things going on in there! Thanks for sharing :)

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is a cutie-patootie! So sorry he is sick. I have been fighting something too, which is why I am reading blogs on Sunday instead of my normal Saturday morning ritual. Thanks for the tip about the tortilla soup mix! Going to grab some soon, YUM!
    Mrs. Byrd's Learning Tree
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top