Five for Friday (9/11/15)

1 comment

It's FRIDAY!!! And that means time for our weekly Five for Friday linky with Doodle Bugs Teaching! Y'all this week was hard. Real teacher moment here: going into school today was hard. It's the third week of school and I've already had three subs—two for district training and one for a sick kid. Procedures and expectations are still a work in progress and yesterday was rough. Finding my sunshine this morning was a struggle. But then today happened...

I was concerned about academics after talking to my kids' previous teacher. Like really concerned. But one had a breakthrough today. I video taped it and shared it with the office staff who gave him all kinds of kudos. It completely warmed my heart and I had to fight back tears in front of him. We started Camp Number Sense this week, reviewing foundational skills and building on them with some bigger numbers. They are ALL doing great! We started with one more/one less this week and we'll move into 10 more/10 less by next week. Thanks Reagan Tunstall!




I found superhero masks at Target for $3 for 10 in the party section last night. I rewarded superhero work and behavior today with masks. Y'all, these guys would jump through hoops for mask. I waited till the end of the day to give one little guy a mask for awesome hallway behavior (we've been working HARD on this). When mom picked him up, he told her why he got, then told me, very quietly, "I'm so proud of me." MELT. MY. HEART.  I said, "You should be. I am so proud of you, too." 


We've started literacy centers and DRA testing this week. I adapted Sharing Kindergarten's Great 8 management necklaces to fit our class, and today we got to pick the colors for our lanyards. They are stoked for Monday!





In social studies, we have been working on community and constitution day stuff. We learned about why we were off for Labor Day, jobs people do in the community, and jobs we can do in the classroom. We read A is for America and began our own US Alphabet book (FREE in my store). Are these not the coolest drawings?! We also made a class constitution that we all signed and posted in our room.








We use Mr. Potato Head for classroom rewards—each time the kids are doing something awesome, they get another piece to potato head. Yesterday was our first reward day and they chose stinky feet. They were a little excited super, flying-off-the-walls excited.


That's my week. Stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday Fun.


1 comment:

  1. Oh that super hero mask comment is precious! And I love that they chose "stinky feet" as their reward - too cute!

    Ashley
    One Step Closer Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top