Five for Friday

6 comments


Sunday, I was offered a position in a new district. I've spent the last week frantically setting up the classroom, learning new systems, and preparing lesson plans. I am excited and exhausted at the same time. But isn't that always the case at the beginning of the school year? 



My son will be at a different school than me this year. This will the first time NONE of my kids have been on my campus. It's a little sad, but I know his new school will be perfect for him. He's in great hands!

So my new school is over 60 years old. It definitely has some quirks. My classroom is in the "new" wing. Here's the "before" picture."



I'll post more pictures tomorrow of the classroom reveal, but here's a little sneak peak:



And the biggest news of all:



Lots of big changes this year! What about you? What changes are you making this year?

Stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching for some more Five for Friday fun.


6 comments:

  1. I taught first grade for 10 years before becoming the librarian. I LOVED first grade! I hope you do too.
    Where the Wild Things Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. First grade is the best! There is no tired like teacher tired!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of changes for you but you seem to have a very positive attitude so I'm sure you'll do great! Have a wonderful school year!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved to second from first. I love it!
    Those desks are cool. I like the shape.
    Can't wait to see the after photos.
    Mrs.B's Classroom Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness sweet friend, what huge changes for you!!! I hope that this big move turns out to be incredibly fabulous for you!! I know you will do amazingly with whatever you put your mind to, so I can't wait to hear all about your year and how you're handling all the changes!! If there's ever anything I can do to help, please let me know!!
    I hope you have a wonderful beginning of the year and that your new school is incredibly welcoming to you!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! It is a HUGE change from what I'm used to. But I met some sweet faces Friday evening and I've already fallen in love. There will be lots of learning this year, both the kids and me!

      Delete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top