Classroom Reveal 2015!

2 comments

It's that time again! Time to set up classrooms, set expectations, and prepare for a wonderful first week back at school! (Anyone else as exhausted as I am from all this prep and planning?)

I got to meet a few of my new firsties last night at meet the teacher and they were just as pumped about coming back to school as I was. I love the excitement of back to school, new beginnings, and fresh starts. It's refreshing and much needed.

So lets talk room environment. (You know you love a cute, well organized room as much as I do!) This is what I started with:


Can you say, "Holy hot mess?" I sure did. I felt a little ADD in here as I jumped from one thing that needed to be "fixed" to another. 

So I started with the word wall. I already knew what I wanted it to look like and jumped right in. (Sorry, I could NOT get a good angle.)


I feel having pictures of the class and our adventures posted in the room is an important way to build community and a sense of belonging. I saw other teachers making Instagram boards in their classrooms and I just had to jump on that!


I LOVE this little corner of our room. Each tub has a different level of Ball Words. The boys that I met last night were over the moon for these! I'll have numbers or labels on the tubs and shelves here soon. 


I started using Pride Tags (brag tags) last year with my kinders and they were a huge hit! I had lots of questions from my new teammates about them when set this up this week. If you're not familiar with Pride Tags, kids earn a business card sized, laminated tag with the accomplishment they earned printed on it. So, the ones on there now say, "Awesome first day of school!" Other tags can be earned for showing respect, being a super scientist, meeting milestones, etc. In our class, we wear them each Friday and I try to encourage other staff members to ask my kids about their accomplishments so they can show them off. 


Student work is displayed on the WOW Work board. It's hard to see in the picture but the clothespins have glitter washi tape on them!


Our writing center is near the word wall for easy spell checking. I still need to make copies, but you get the idea. 


Math stuff will go in these. I tried to have uniform looking boxes last year but not everything fit right. So, change is good, right? Those will get labels on boxes and shelves, too. 


I just realized I didn't take a picture of the class library! I'll add that this week. (I hope…if I can still see straight…that first week is exhausting isn't it?!)

I set all this up in two half days. It was CRAY-ZEE! No time to waste around here!

Let me know what you think in the comments. I am super excited to start this new journey: new to 1st grade, new to the district, new to this school. Lots of big, exciting changes! I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. I love your Instagram idea! Kids loved it when I used hashtags on certain worksheets or when we were learning something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks fabulous! I managed to get everything done in my room on Monday, and then relaxed with the family the rest of this week. Now, this Monday coming up, I'll be ready to go back. My students start Wednesday. Have a GREAT year!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top