One Lovely Blog Award!

2 comments
I am touched to announce I have been nominated by Molly from Miss K's Little Rays for the One Lovely Blog Award! I started blogging last August, but didn't get serious about it until January of this year. It's become an everyday part of my life now and I couldn't be happier!


I'll share a little about me before sending the love onto others. :)

1. I live near Austin, TX. I grew up here and have left and come back a couple of times. But this is home for us. 

2. I went back to school to become a teacher after my kids were born. I started off as a business major after high school and that just wasn't working for me. It wasn't until I left Baylor (Go Bears!) that I realized that teaching was in my blood. 

3. While I was finishing up my degree, I had three kids at home under the age of 8, I worked full-time and went to school full-time. My husband at the time was always working and out of town, so I was basically a single mom for about three years. If you are still in school or thinking about going back, it can be done with kids at home! Don't give up!

4. I have nine brothers and sisters—two biological brothers, and seven step-siblings. And they all (almost all) have spouses and kids of their own. Christmas gets a little crazy. 

5. I have five kids of my own—three I gave birth to and two step-kids. Three are girls and two are boys. It gets a little crazy in our house quite a bit. 

6. I am the poster child for introvert. I went to TpT Vegas and talked to a few people, but I was way to chicken to just go up and say hi to most people. One day I did pretty well, but the rest of the week HARD, y'all.

7. I have a Target store less than five minutes from my house and it's closer than any grocery store, so I'm there almost daily. This is very convenient, but not necessarily a good thing!

8.  My classroom theme is World Traveler from Schoolgirl Style and I just LOVE it.

9. I have the best family in whole world. They all have their quirks, so do I, but I couldn't imagine life without them.

10. I have a ridiculous amount of nail polish bottles. I couldn't leave Target without stopping by that section, and since I live so close…you get the idea.

Anyway, that's me. Thanks again Molly for nominating me!

I'd like to nominate:
Kristen from Moore to Learn
Heather from Recipe for Teaching and
Nikki from Teaching Autism

Thank you for reading and be sure to check out the lovely blogs above!


2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post!!! I can't believe you have 9 brothers and sisters, I bet Christmas is so much fun!! Thank you so much for nominating me!!! I am so honored! :) THANK YOU! -Kristen
    Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog post was such a lovely read! I LOVE how crazy Christmas sounds at yours! I bet it's a lot of fun! :) Thanks so much for the nomination!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top