Five for Friday: Las Vegas (7/10/15)

9 comments

Welcome to Five for Friday from LAS VEGAS! I've been having an unbelievable time here at the ITeachK and TpT conferences. Definitely worth the trip!
We came in Saturday night and stayed with family. Sunday, we checked in and got ourselves oriented in this place. It's a maze. I tried to meet Ben for lunch on Monday and ended up in the Palazzo on accident.





There were people everywhere! We were not the only conference going on that week and everywhere we turned there were more people. I am not a scream and insist on taking a picture kind of person, but I did get a couple in while I was there.




I spent the first three days at ITeachK and the last two at TpT. I was not in a single boring session. There were so many great speakers, it's hard to do it justice. I'll be posting more soon about the conference itself so stay tuned, but here are some highlights:

The keynote speaker at ITeach was Todd Parr, children's book author.


One of the best pieces of advice I heard as far as TpT goes is this:


And for all your spouses out there that think you're "playing" on the computer:


The TpT blogger meet up was Wednesday night and it was INSANE. There were over 900 people there, $55,000 worth of prizes, and lots of squealing like little girls.

This was just the line to get in:


And then, there were people everywhere inside:



But these lovely ladies passed out so many prizes!


And even Freckles decided to join us. 



But it wasn't all conferences and screaming networking. Ben and I took a couple nights just to ourselves.






And we saw Rock of Ages—totally awesome!



Now, I am not usually the type of person that takes pictures of her food and puts it all over social media, but this crepe was the bomb! It had ham and cheese, and pesto and mayo. I must have looked like a pig eating this after all the food court stuff I had eaten this week. (No, I do NOT want ANOTHER burger, just sayin'.) It was stupid expensive, but totally worth trying.


I'll post more in depth when I get back home, but I hope you enjoyed the highlights. Now go check out everyone else's week at Doodle Bugs Teaching


9 comments:

  1. It looks like you have had a blast! I love the, "Don't try to be better. Be Different" advice! That is such great advice. I also need to show the hubs the computer quote about this not being a hobby! Thanks for sharing all the fun you have had with someone who did not get to attend!

    ~Bagby~
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great time in Vegas! I'd love to get there one of these times. I imagine everyone comes back pumped up from those meetings and ready to start creating or tweaking all of their products. Good stuff!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you have had a great time in Vegas!!! Your pictures are fabulous and I can't wait to hear more about it. I am planning on going next year! Looks like you got some excellent advice and tips. Love it!
    Thanks you for sharing!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! I attended the I teach K conference there 8 years ago! It was great. Definitely going to attend TPT next year! Thanks for sharing your experiences and takeaways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your Vegas themed 5 for Friday! I'm so jealous of everyone who got to go it looks like you all had an amazing time and learned so much!! Can't wait for your upcoming posts on it all!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so very much for sharing such awesome Vegas pictures with us! It looks like you had an incredibly amazing time, and I can't wait to read more about it! I can't wait to go next year and hope I get to meet you! Did you go on a gondola ride?
    Thanks so much for sharing your 5 with us, and for such awesome peeks into TPT Vegas! I hope you have a very safe trip back and an incredible weekend!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It looks like you had a wonderful time in Vegas! Thanks so much for sharing. I especially love the quote about being different - so true! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures when you return! IT sounds like you have had quite the busy week, so I hope you have a very restful and relaxing weekend!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vegas looks AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
    Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It looks like so much fun! My friend went to the iTeach conference and I am hoping on going next year. I am new to the blogging world and would love it if you stopped by my blog too. Have a great weekend!

    pattersoninprimary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top