All About this Kinder Tribe Teacher!

13 comments

Hey, hey, hey! Thanks for checking out the brand new Kinder Tribe blog! Today, we're taking time to get to know each other. 


Experience...I've taught kindergarten for three years, but I've worked with kids for 15 years. I've worked with special ed students, in daycares, and with our church programs.

Can't live without...technology—it's a double-edged sword. I work on the computer all the time for school and TpT. I'm working on scheduling time to unplug. :-/

Favorite school supplycolored pens. Specifically, Ink Joy. I have them all over my house and classroom. The kids will be complete angels if it means they can use one of my pens.

Favorite book…I can't name just one. I have a favorite for each season or topic and I am always finding new books that I love. My favorite types of books are social stories and rhyming books.

Favorite blog…that's another tough one. There are so many talented teachers out there that I follow. When I'm looking for a little inspiration for the classroom, I tend to run across one of those three blogs above.

I love kinder because…they get excited about EVERYTHING! A bug in the classroom? You know they'll talk about that all year. A parent walks in unannounced? Highlight of the week. New unit on animals? It'll send them over the edge!  Everything is the BEST. THING. EVER! And they're hilarious. I find myself writing down the silly things they say almost everyday. There is never a dull moment in kindergarten.

So that's me. Thanks for reading this far. Stop by the Kinder Tribe blog to read about some other amazing kinder teachers and have a great day!


13 comments:

  1. Pretty pens make for pretty notes make for happy me :) Haha I can't agree more with you on that!! And the excitement the kinders get over everything is hilarious and your examples made me laugh! Thanks for linking up with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you pick up your $1 ink joy pens from Staples yet??? I LOVE them, too! Kindergarten is so fun!!!
    My Fabulous Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo! I don't even know where a Staples is around here!!!! I will hunt one down and FIND IT! lol Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I hear you on un-plugging! I need to schedule a time to do that too! I love their hilarious comments as well! I always have the best stories (at least I think I do) at dinner parties! haha

    Yukari
    A Pinch of Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using supplies as a bribe, err, incentive, for doing well! I keep a whole stash of fun supplies in a bin that tables get to use when they've earned enough points! Such a fun motivator!

    Deirdre
    Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachael! So excited to meet you & be part of our new "kinder family"! This will be my 3rd year in K too! I'm really looking forward to sharing & collaborating with you and our "tribe"! I love your blog!
    Annie Veas ~ The Learning Studio Bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't agree with you more about having a hard time choosing a favorite book! Children's literature is an obsession of mine and one of my favorite parts of teaching kindergarten!! I love colored pens too, though i'm a Flair girl!! I love the excitement of kinders, too! Everything is such a huge and exciting deal to them, it's fun to see the world through their eyes!
    Thanks so much for sharing about yourself!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love when they say that today is, "the best day ever!!"? Haha they are so enthusiastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you are scheduling 'screen free' time for yourself! It's a good reminder for me too! I look forward to reading more from your this school year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I have to agree on differentiated kindergarten! She's awesome and since we are told to customize learning so much these days, I love all her products she makes! :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to find the balance between work and home I think scheduling time to unplug is a great idea!! I may need to take that advice myself ha!!
    Jill
    Chevronandcenters

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with scheduling time to unplug! It is the hardest! I feel like there is always so much to do and my never ending to do list is proof! I love your cute blog and I look forward to being part of the Kinder Tribe with you!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya about the colored pens, girl! I cannot write beautifully without my Uniball Rollers! :)

    Carlee Van Ness
    The Kindergarten Press
    www.kindergartenpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top