Tell All Tuesday: Summer Snapshot

15 comments

Hello there! I hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday! During the summer, I'm linking up with Teach Talk Inspire and My Day in K for their weekly Tell All Tuesday linky. This week's topic is Summer Snapshot: a favorite place, trip, or summer memory. 


My favorite place to head in the summer is Lake Tahoe/Reno/Carson City/Virginia City. Ben took me there a few years ago (yes just me, a mini-vacation WITHOUT all the kids) and we had a blast. Last year, we took all the kids and it was an adventure!

This was 4 years ago. Look how young we look!


We can play all day without totally burning up like we do in Texas. The water is cool, there's plenty of shade, and, if we stay where the tourists stay, there are lots of facilities available for whoever needs them. Ben grew up there, so we also hit up some of the locals' spots as well. 




This was last year's family photo on the beach. They all look sooooooo much bigger now! What a difference a year makes!


When we head into Virginia City (an old mining town not too far from the lake) we have to do the touristy stuff. We walk through shops, buy fudge from the chocolate place, and do the dress-up picture thing. So. Much. Fun.

This was from our first trip together. Yes, that picture is hanging on my wall. Sorry.


And when we brought all the kids, they wanted to do it too. 



I've been to Texas beaches many times, and Florida, and the east coast, but nothing compares to the trips to Tahoe. These will be memories I'll never forget.


15 comments:

  1. Those old west photos are hysterical! I'm impressed that with 7 people, no one was smiling! I bet your kids had a blast!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and white pics! Glad to see everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing! Go check out my post!
    All the best!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait until there are grandkids who assume the western pics are authentic and want their parents and grandparents to tell them some rootin' tootin' stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your kiddos love your vacation spot as much as you do!! What a fun tradition!
    Thank you for sharing your snapshot!
    Kimberlee
    It’s Kinder Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! We have the same favorite place! Maybe I'll see you in Tahoe this summer! :)
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures! I've never been to Tahoe may have to add it my bucket list:) Thanks for sharing!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old time pictures are the BEST! My family used to take them every year and my parents have a wall full of them as a result! Loved looking through your pictures!
    Kellee (Stomping Through First)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice!!! Loved the pictures! Only you two first and then with the kids is super cute!

    Magically in First

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Old West pictures! Great!!
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures!! Looks so relaxing and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love Tahoe, even though I haven't been in many years! Looks like some wonderful memories you have here :)
    Suzanne
    Kindergarten Planet

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have never been to Lake Tahoe! Your pictures are making us want to go! We may have to plan a trip soon. Thanks for sharing!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel, that sounds like a great vacation spot and looks like lots of fun! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree Lake Tahoe is beautiful. Love the "Old West" pictures of you and your family. Looks like you all made memories that will never be forgotten. Have a great summer!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your picturessssssss looooook beautiful!!!!! I may have to add Lake Tahoe to my bucket list!!!

    Amy

    Teach! Sparkle! Smile!

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top