Tell All Tuesday: Summer Flashback

7 comments

Welcome back for Tell all Tuesday, hosted by the fabulous Teach Talk Inspire and My Day in K. This week's focus: Summer Flashback!!!!


Let's head back to a simpler time, shall we? Back to when the kids were sooooo little and the biggest decision they had to make was what flavor of ice cream to get. 

That time was summer 2008. The kids were going into 1st grade, kindergarten, and big kid undies. No body was cornering me with "growing up" questions or rolling their eyes at me, and if they were having a temper tantrum, I could still pick them up and move them to a quiet spot. We are so past all of that now. 

That year was the year we were able to go to Disneyland. We didn't tell the kids where we were going, just "vacation." Hailey, the oldest at 6-years-old, was convinced we were going alligator hunting and climbing mountains. This child does not do well with change or surprises, so even though we were in the "Happiest Place on Earth," she was still mad at us for the first 2 days because she wasn't prepared for it. 

See how little they are?!

We went all out beforehand and got them new pajamas and clothes from the Disney store locally. (Because it's expensive to buy stuff there, y'all!) And I surprised the girls with princess costumes that they wore the whole 2nd day.




There are smiles in these pictures but Little Miss in pink was in a MOOD! 

We ate dinner at different character places and they were so excited to hug everyone of them. 




And this little guy's favorite was…


this guy! 

We watched Cars everyday for the first 5 years of his life. I can quote it. He was only 2.5 when we went, but he still remembers seeing Lightening McQueen and Mater. 

But, y'all, they were so tired! At the end of each day, they crashed and we had to wake them up again in the morning. They refused to nap while we were there so we tried to fit in as much as we could all handle. 


Overall, it was the best trip ever. If I could, I would take everyone back again. Ben's kids haven't been yet and they're all big enough now to ride just about everything. Taking everyone is definitely on the bucket list. 


So how about you? What are some of your favorite summer memories? Share in the comments below or link up with us. Thanks for swinging by and I hope you make some great summer memories this year.


7 comments:

  1. Too fun! I really love that your daughter was convinced you were going alligator hunting! It looks like it turned out to be a fabulous vacation, though!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun!! I love all the Disney pictures! It is truly the most magical place! :)

    Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Disney!!!!!!!! Some of my most favorite memories involve our trips to Disney world! I really enjoyed reading your post and glad I found you through the link up!!
    Jessica
    www.prideandprimary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't regret one second or one dollar we've ever spent at Disney. My favorite picture in these is the pajama pic though. That is definitely Disney tired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really great pictures! It looks like you all had such an amazing time, and what wonderful memories you created! I remember going to Disney when I was 7 and having breakfast with the characters and getting a kiss on the head from Donald Duck! It is so past time for me to go back!
    Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us, it was so great to read more about you!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute bunch!!! I love how they got to wear princess dresses! Thanks for sharing.
    Marie
    Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tales

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, I loved reading and looking through your summertime flashback pictures. What wonderful memories to cherish. Looks like a great trip and your kids will remember it forever. Thanks for taking the time to link up with us and share your memories.

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top