Five for Friday (6/5/15)

4 comments

Happy Friday! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday linky. This is my first Friday of SUMMER!
Tuesday was our kindergarten graduation, class party, slide show, class awards, and clean out the room day. There was excitement. There were tears. There was cake. Check this baby out:



One of my student's parents ordered it. Is this not the cutest thing?! We (me and the parents) cried during graduation, awards, and the slide show. The kids were excited about everything, even the cleaning. They were SO TIRED when I sent them home and we still had half a day on Wednesday. 

This year, I am moving schools, so all my teaching treasures were brought home. They completely fill our playroom. Like, I can't even get in there. It's my first project of the summer and it's SCARY. 



I started summer with a couple of book studies with Greg over at Kindergarten Smorgasbord and the Primary Gal. We're reading Teaching with Intention and Learn Like a Pirate. If you're needing something to add to your summer reading list, I recommend both! You can read my take on each by clicking here and here





We also started off the first day of summer with a little family time. The kids and I went to the pool, got pizza, and had ice cream for dessert. They're getting too big. I mean, one's a high schooler for Pete's sake. They won't be seen in public with me for very much longer, --got to take advantage of it while I can. Lol 



And just in time for Vegas, these babies came in:



Aren't they cute?! I leave for the ITeachK and TpT conference in one month! I can't wait. Are you going?

Check in with Doodle Bugs Teaching to see what everyone else is up to today.


4 comments:

  1. I loved reading your weekly 5, i'm new to the linkup as i have only recently stumbled across it but it's fab! I love reading what everyone has been up to! Enjoy Vegas! I'm sure you'll have such fun connecting with new people and learning so much!! Have a fabulous Summer !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is amazing! Sounds like you are starting your summer off right. Have a great time in Vegas. I'm super jealous of everyone who gets to go!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is adorable! Too cute to eat. I love your phone case! Like, really, really love it. So cute! Good luck moving to your new school!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top