Five for Friday (6/12/15)

5 comments

Happy summer everyone! I'd like to say that these first few summer days have been spent sleeping in and doing nothing, but no. We've had fun, but sleeping in has not been part of it.
Our oldest had her first swim meet of the season on Saturday. She did a fantastic job and placed first in her heat on her first event.


But, do you know what time swim meets start? Or when practices are held? 6. In the morning. In summer. Sigh... Oh the things we do for our kids. Maybe in July I'll sleep in... :) 

I've been doing a TON of linkups this week. We're doing two different book studies right now: Teaching with Intention and Learn Like a Pirate. Both amazing books! You can check out the book studies here and here.




I've started creating resources for next school year already (don't shoot!). As a planner, I like to have everything ready to go well in advance so that last minute stuff they spring on us the week before school starts doesn't send me over the edge. If you're needing a simple, inexpensive planner to get you started, check out these in my Teachers pay Teachers store:

               

And if you know you'll be in kindergarten next year, I have several new things to get you started in August.





Wednesday night, we had a mini blogger/TpTer meet-up in Austin. There was only a handful of us that made it, but many more tried. We had lots of fun, lots of good barbecue, and I met lots of new people. :) If you've never tried County Line Bar-B-Q, add it to your bucket list. It's one of a kind.


And finally, this little beauty popped up on my Instagram this week:


It's almost here! EEK! I can't wait to get going. It's my first time going to the conference, staying at the Venetian, and leaving the kids with Grandma for a week. It's exciting and nerve-racking at the same time. But I know it will be a blast and I can't wait to start packing! Who else is going? Let me know in the comments below.

Be sure to check in with Doodle Bugs Teaching to see what everyone else is up to this week. Join me tomorrow for Spotlight Saturday!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great although early summer! I am reading both of those books this summer too I just haven't had time to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made the decision to go to Vegas as well! Can hardly wait to meet up with you fabulous blogger girls and get my blog going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time reading your 5 for Friday! I've always wanted to join up with a blogging book study, looks like you're learning a lot with some great books! I hope you have a great time in Vegas, I'm hoping to make it next year! have a great time with your daughter's swim meets, even if they do happen a zero-dark-thirty in the morning! :-)

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy Vegas! I'm sure you're going to have a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't shoot! I love to see teachers excited about teaching. It makes me sooo happy! I'll be in Vegas! Yay! If I haven't already told you, I LOVE your blog! It is so cute :)

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top