Hey there, y'all! It's time for Weekend Warriors! This is my first time linking up and I am so excited to share this month's theme: Teacher Bio!
1) As teachers, I think we all love colored pens. I have a collection at home, at school, in my purse, in my bag, in my suitcase…and no, my own children can't use them. They have their own!
2) I have worked with kids in some capacity for 15 years (daycares, church, special ed, soccer teams), but I have only "officially" taught kindergarten for the last 3 years.
3) At the end of the year this year, our schedules were so jam-packed that I brought back an oldie but goody: DEAR time. (Drop Everything And Read) For those of you youngin's this is essentially Read to Self, but with one key factor: EVERYONE in the class stops and reads, even the teacher. By doing this, teachers model good independent reading time by showing good independent reading. It took a little bit, but they soon figured out that if I was reading, I would not stop and answer questions, or tie a shoe, or listen to their story about what their puppy did yesterday. We were ALL reading. And they LOVED IT. With all the craziness the end of the year brings, being able to drop everything and read was comforting to all of us. And they loved that I did it too.
1) We have five kids at home. Yes, five. We are a Brady Bunch with him having 2 and me having 3. They are all really close in age (14, 13, 12, 11, 9) and when we go places, we tend to bring the party with us. If they're hyper, we can be really overwhelming. And don't get me started on the after school schedules…
2) I just have to sing along with the radio. I can't just sit in a car and listen quietly, or not have music at all. I think I would die. I love car trips by myself because I can turn it up and belt it out in my off-key, terrible singing voice. (And I don't have to censor the songs with the bad words :) )
Travel anywhere really. I've seen most of the southern half of the U.S. and parts of the east and west coasts, but I would LOVE to go overseas and Europe is stop #1. I'm not picky, I'll go just about anywhere. My dream would be to visit London, Italy, France, Greece, Germany, Spain, you name it. With the Mr.'s job, we can fly free almost anywhere in the U.S. but not abroad and those ticket prices are a bit much for us right now. Someday we'll make it there.
So that's me. Now it's your turn. Link up with us and share your 3-2-1 bio by grabbing the images below and adding your blog link!