Five for Friday (5/29/15)

5 comments

Hey y'all! I know many of you are on summer vacation already, but we still have half a week left, and thank goodness it's Friday! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the fabulous Five for Friday!


We had Monday off for Memorial Day, but I live in central Texas and it P-O-U-R-E-D here. There was massive flooding and tornado warnings every few minutes. It was insane! Luckily, all our family has stayed safe and we've had minimal damage. But it made for an interesting long weekend. 




Our kinder graduation is on Tuesday and we've been practicing daily for the last two weeks. The kids are adorable. I just hope everything goes smoothly. Talking into the microphone in front of 150 students and their parents is not my favorite. 

The class awards are ready, diplomas are printed, the slide show is complete, books are ready to give to the littles, the party is all set, and I am going to miss them all terribly. We have several summer birthdays we haven't celebrated yet, so cupcakes may be in order on Monday. It'll be a very full 2.5 days next week.

This happened Monday: 


Click on the picture to read the article. I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately and just thought I'd share. What would you add to this list?

The last few days of school we spend crafting our hearts out. Today we made this:


Next week, we're making this, this, and this, as well as finishing up our memory books. These guys are going to be busy, busy, busy!




I'm soooooo ready for summer break, but we still have 2.5 school days left. I'm hoping for a little day trip down to San Antonio this weekend for some change of scenery. If you've never been to the Riverwalk or Big Lou's Pizza, you should go. The Riverwalk is like it's own little city and Big Lou's (not on the Riverwalk, but not far from it) has pizza the size of my youngest child. No kidding. I've seen a table full of U.S. soldiers not finish one. The Riverwalk is also walking distance from the Alamo and several other tourist attractions like Ripley's Believe it or Not and a wax museum. 


What do you do to clear your mind or have a change of pace?

Thanks for stopping by and check out Doodle Bugs Teaching to see what everyone else has going on this week. 


5 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to all of you in Texas. I'm glad you and your family are okay! Hope you have a fabulous summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you and everyone you love are safe with all the crazy flooding! Enjoy your last 2.5 days. The Riverwalk is so much fun! I was there with my sister when she lived in Austin several years ago. I think the place you go depends on where you live. When I lived in Virginia my get-away from it all place was the Outer Banks in NC. When we lived in Seattle, it was the mountains. Now that we're here in the Bahamas, it's the beach. Have a wonderful summer!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Texas blogger too! I'm so glad I found your blog through the linky. I'm praying this rain goes away soon.
    Teaching, Love, Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What part of Texas are you in? I'm in the Austin area.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your family stayed safe during that crazy weather. And I hope your next few days go well! That Riverwalk looks amazing! I usually do some yoga to try to clear my head or go on a hike.

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top