Five for Friday (4/3/15)

Leave a Comment

Happy Friday, y'all! I hope you have Good Friday off to spend with your family. If not, I hope you are making time for yourself and them in some way. I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for the weekly Five for Friday. 


We finished up our poetry unit this week and it really was a blast. This is my 3rd year teaching kindergarten and it has been challenging to find the right level of poetry to use with them. But I think this year, I found my groove.


It's no Shakespeare, but hey, they're 5! 



There was so much more, but I didn't get pictures of all of it. If you like some of these, you can download the templates here



Yesterday was our Friday since we are off today so we had a TON of fun things going on. You can read about it here. But one of our favorite parts of the day was the annual Egg Drop. The kids (and their parents, cause you know how home projects go) made contraptions to keep their eggs safe when dropped from the top of a ladder. About half of ours made it back safe, but it was fun to watch.



(When pigs fly...)


We have 5 kids between the 2 of us and it seems like someone is involved in just about every sport. Right now, we live at the ball fields. 


So in honor of baseball season starting, I made a couple little sets to get us going. The first one is adding and subtracting numbers to 10 and the 2nd is a FREE baseball words write the room.





We have a full day of raking leaves, running errands, and doctor appointments ahead. The kids are already arguing and acting like the teenagers they are, so this could be fun. I'm hoping to swing by Bath and Body Works for a little retail therapy this afternoon. I keep saying I need it, but have yet to do anything about it. They're having this sale:


...so I'm hoping to make a pretty good haul. ;)


We have NOTHING scheduled for tomorrow! This means picnic dinner in the living room floor (I'm so glad my kids will still do this with me) and a Redox movie while we eat. MAYBE I can even stay awake past 10!


Thanks for stopping by and check out what everyone else has going on over at Doodlebugs Teaching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top