Five for Friday (3/27/15)

1 comment

TGIF y'all! It was the first week back at school since spring break and what a week it was! We're down to 44 days of school left, but who's counting?


So, this week we've been studying living and nonliving things. Wednesday we took a nature walk to find examples of each. The kids were hilarious but they really got into it. 






And today we compared living and nonliving things. A teammate found this awesome pack from First Grade Wow. So we had gummy worms and live worms and compared the two. I have some boys I thought would be way into it and they were a little squeamish of the worms. And some of my girls I thought would shy away from them but they were all over it.






(This is the conversation Ben and I had just before the worms came out.)


This morning we FINALLY made our "I wish" poems. It's been in the lesson plan for weeks but something always happens the day we're going to do it. But they turned out great!








And now, it's Friday night. Next week is a short week. The "big kids" have testing Monday and Tuesday so we have lots of quiet fun things to do until they're finished. Thursday will be a blast with all our Easter not Easter things and then it's a 3 day weekend! 



Tomorrow is my son's first baseball game of the season and opening ceremonies. We'll be living at the fields 3 days a week till the middle of May. Then swim season will start. Good thing we got a schedule board. 


Check in with everyone else at Doodlebugs Teaching for this week's Five for Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your cool ideas.
    I found you on the Five for Friday linky.
    Sandra
    Sandra's Savvy Teaching Tips

    ReplyDelete

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top