Classroom Rewards

Leave a Comment
I can't believe it's already October! Where is the time going?! A fellow teacher said, "It's already October. Parent conferences are next week. Before you know it, it will be Christmas break and spring break and BOOM! The school year is gone!" I definitely felt that way last year! The school year goes by so fast and there is so much to fit into each day. 

One of the hardest parts of teaching is handling behavior. Anytime I can give recognize positive behavior, I do. One way I reward the kids for expected hallway behavior is with a Mr. Potato Head.

What?

Yes, Mr. Potato Head. Each time the kids get a compliment for walking quietly and staying in a straight (-ish, they're kinder people) line, we add a piece to Mr. Potato Head.


When the class gets all the pieces on him, we have a reward of some kind. Our first reward was to bring a small stuffed animal to school. Our second reward has been the class favorite for years: shaving cream. 




Yes, one of my friends needs a visual for personal workspace. The tape has been replaced a time or two, but it really helps define personal ares. 

What do you do for classroom rewards?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Graphics by I Teach What's Your Superpower. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top